Education for informed decision making in childbirth and early parenting
The classes aim to provide unbiased information on all aspects of giving birth to assist you in making your own informed choices.
The classes cover:
- What to expect during the birth process and working towards your choices
- Pain relief: both hospital methods and natural comfort measures such as breathing, relaxation, positions and massage.
- Common hospital procedures
- Caring for your newborn, including feeding information
- Signs of labour
- How the pelvis/uterus works to birth your baby…
- Hormones at work during labour
- Informed decision making to help you communicate with medical professionals
- The role of the birth partner
- Postnatal information – delayed cord clamping, skin-to-skin, placenta, breastfeeding, settling a baby, safe sleeping
- Information tailored to individual needs – small, informal group setting with time for your questions and discussions
- 1-Year’s Cuidiu membership included
The ethos of Cuidiú is that we facilitate small groups to encourage group learning, discussions and interactive activities.
We have regular sessions in Midleton at weekends with different formats available.